Residential and Commercial Conveyancing
We are highly experienced and offer residential and commercial conveyancing, land division and community title application services from our Adelaide office.
We understand that buying or selling your home can be one of the most exciting yet stressful times and there can be many confusing elements to consider. We have been acting for buyers and sellers in the Conveyancing industry for over 50 years and we are here to advise you and guide you through the settlement process to ensure everything runs smoothly.
When buying or selling a property, we would suggest you contact us before signing the Contract, we encourage our clients to go through the Contract and Form 1 with us so we can discuss and provide our advice.
We can then independently advise on any implications to special conditions, inform you of your obligations and responsibilities, explain the settlement process and ensure the Contract and Form 1 are prepared to your satisfaction.
Once the Contract has been signed and the Cooling-Off period has expired we will:
- peruse the Contract and Form 1 to ensure any special conditions are considered and met;
- review any Lease agreements (if applicable);
- calculate the adjustment of rates and taxes to ensure both parties are paying the correct amounts for the financial year;
- ensure transfer of bond and rent is adjusted if tenancy is applicable;
- coordinate settlement with agents, the other side’s Conveyancer, incoming and outgoing banks;
- prepare Transfer documents to legally transfer the land and arrange signing with all parties;
- calculate and arrange for Government Stamp Duty to be paid on the Transfer prior to settlement;
- calculate any Government Stamp Duty concessions applicable;
- prepare a Settlement Statement to show what needs to be paid to complete settlement or what is due to you as proceeds;
- arrange bank cheques for completion and attend settlement on your behalf;
- notify SA Water, Council, Revenue SA and relevant Strata/Community Managers of Change of Ownership; and
- make payment for any outstanding accounts (including, Agents Commission, Rates and Government search costs).
We are also able to assist with other Real Property transactions such as:
- Family/Matrimonial transfers;
- Coordinate Private Sales;
- Business Transactions;
- Land Divisions;
- Plan Amendments (including boundary realignments and strata applications);
- Powers of Attorney;
- Applications to register Change of Name;
- Caveats (registration and removal);
- Registration of Death;
- Registration of Marriage;
- Assignments; and
- Government Searches.