What is the Emergency Services levy?
The Emergency Services Levy (ESL) is a levy on all land to help fund emergency services across South Australia.
Removal of General Remissions for Fixed Property ESL
Since 1 July 2014, general remissions on ESL have been removed for most property owners.
However in some circumstances, remissions are still available for eligible pensioners and concession card holders for their principal place of residence only.
Do I Qualify for a Remission/ Concession?
If you are a holder of the following card or benefit, you may be eligible for the general remission and the additional $46 concession:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Repatriation Health Card (TPI, EDA and War Widows Only)
- War Widows pension of the United Kingdom or New Zealand
- Centreline Concession Holders
- Ausstudy or Abstudy
- Sick Allowance
- Widows Allowance
- Special Benefit
- Youth Allowance
- Partner Allowance
- Parenting payment partnered allowance
- Bereavement Allowance
- Community Development Employment Project Allowance
- New Enterprise Incentive Scheme Payment
- Exceptional Circumstances payments
- A holder of a State Concession Card issued pursuant to the Family and Community Services Act 1972
- A holder of a Commonwealth Senior Health Card.
Holders of a State Senior Card will no longer be eligible to obtain any remission or concession form fixed property ESL.
To check if you qualify for an ESL reduction, or for any other questions, please call or email our office and speak to one of our staff.